Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry (CACCI) is a business integration of 24 countries in the Asia-Pacific region including Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore etc.
FCCISL is the focal point in Sri Lanka for CACCI, being the longest serving Primary Member.
Objectives of CACCI
The CACCI is a regional organization composed mostly of apex chambers of commerce and industry and business associations representing the interest of some 3.0 million business enterprises in Asia. Established in 1966, it aims to provide a forum for examining, crystallizing and consolidating economic thinking of Asian and Western Pacific enterprises and for promoting intra regional trade and investments. It cut across national boundaries to link businessmen and promotes economic growth throughout the Asia-Pacific region. CACCI is a non-governmental organization granted consultative status under the United Nations.
Services Offered by CACCI
CACCI services its members by
- Holding biennial conferences to examine regional economic cooperation measures to help the development of the region.
- Liaising with government bodies and other international organizations to promote a regulatory environment conducive to economic cooperation.
- Compiling and disseminating trade and investment information relevant to business corporations.
- Initiating studies to serve as basis for advocating positions on issues of concern to the business sector of the region.
- Facilitating personal contacts among business people in the region and the provision of reciprocal chamber services between members visiting each other countries
- Conducting training programs to assist member chambers in undertaking economic cooperation projects.
- Promoting trade relationships among businessmen in the region.
- Asia-Pacific Young Entrepreneur Award
CACCI Member Countries
Central Asia /Russia
- Papua newguinea
- Hong Kong
Asia-Pacific Young Entrepreneur Award
Aims to recognize excellent young entrepreneurs in Asia-Pacific who not only are successful in their business but also advocate corporate social responsibility for the good of their community and their country. Winners shall receive a trophy and cash prize of US$.2000/-. In addition, the short listed nominees are entitled for a traveling allowance to enable them to undergo the final selection in Manila/Australia or the country where award ceremony would take place.
CACCI Lifetime Membership
Selected reputed businessmen of high integrity are qualify for this prestigious CACCI Membership where only one time payment is sufficient for life time validity. “CACCI Lifetime Membership” confers the status and privilege to use this title in your business cards and letter heads along with CACCI Logo. Apart from this prestige, members are entitled to enjoy enormous benefits CACCI offers for its members. Membership could be obtained in your individual name as well as in the name of your Company.
Benefits of CACCI Membership
- Policy Advocacy
- Promotion of SMEs
- Wide scope for networking
- Participation in CACCI Training Programs
- Interaction in product and service councils
- Access into network of business assistance centers
A payment in Sri Lankan Rupees equal to US$.1000/-, being one time Membership fee, is required to be sent along with the Application. Cheque to be drawn in favour of “Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Sri Lanka”