Chamber Leaders’ Summit 02 – 2015 and National Lobbying and Policy Advocacy Forum
“Chamber Leaders’ Summit 02 – 2015”
National Lobbying and Policy Advocacy Forum
On 03 August 2015 @ Ramada Hotel- Colombo
Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Sri Lanka (FCCISL) has undertaken various interventions to strengthen the regional national chambers spread throughout the island on developing wider network and integrating chambers with each other. Strengthening the inter connection and the relationship among these Regional National Chambers plays a significant role in achieving the primary goals of the Chamber Movement in Sri Lanka. This creates and maintains an enabling business environment for entrepreneurs to operate their businesses and accomplish broader perspective of developing and promoting a stable national and regional economy.
The Chamber Leaders Summit is held with the primary objectives of:
- Strengthening the chamber movement as a whole
- Promoting linkages among chamber leadership
- Infuse professional discipline to the chamber movement
- Peer learning, skill sharing and knowledge exchanging
- Identifying common issues affecting the business and developing a strategy for lobbying and exploring pooling of resources for economies of scale.
The target group of the Chamber Leaders Summit 02 is comprised of the Presidents/ Secretary Generals/ CEOs of following member groups attached to FCCISL:
- National Chambers of Commerce and Industry in Sri Lanka
- National Associations ( Members and Non- Members)
- Special Invitees and Industry Experts
Policy and advocacy issues will be given the top priority and the participatory National Chambers and the associations will be provided with the opportunity to highlight their main problematic areas with respect to their sectors of interest. Accordingly those findings were categorized and the corresponding advocacy Strategy will be deeply discussed and a proper Plan will be developed thereafter. At the final stage, the Summit Declaration will be signed by all the participatory organizational leaders and it will be forwarded to the national level policy makers and authorities as required.